Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Loyalty


In my Principles of Management subject, I required my students to submit a business plan. One group shared to me that she has complaints against one of her member. The leader of the group, eager to win sympathy of her classmates immediately took a strong action by eliminating the person as member of his group.

I asked the leader of the group that the wise and truly loyal thing to do is to ask first what are the charges and to work quietly with the member to correct her fault. This is respect for human dignity.

But by pleasing the other students at the expense of one, the leader showed an action of strong disloyalty. Without thinking that the leader and her member were after all belong to one group.

If the leader treated the member right , this loyalty may turn into lasting friendship and friendship lasts long than the business plan.

nelcadelina.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment