Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Amazing Grace


I am a person who is not afraid of taking risk even at the expense of being hurt badly. This recklessness of mine caused me and my loved ones a lot of heartaches. From the failures that I experienced those who gave the most deepest pain were the one who made me stronger. The tears gave me the decisiveness to say goodbye to the past, thank the present and hope for the future.
During my college days it is very common that I go to the university with money enough only to pay the jeepney fare. Merienda was as rare as ligthning. The person who saved from the agony was my girlfriend who lovingly pay for my jeepney fare, provide lunch and dinner when I have none. The challenge for me then was to graduate and lift myself and my family out of poverty. It was an amazing grace that I graduated and found a job right after graduation.
I have been working for the past 20 years and it is clear to me that in order for us to have a food in the table and a regular job we need to be a blessing to everyone we meet. I have been lucky to meet persons who gave me graces that up to now I still thank them in my prayers. Yes..... it is an amazing grace.
Everytime that I hear the song of John Newton, it touches me because it said a lot about me. The lyrics are :

Amazing Grace Lyrics

John Newton (1725-1807)


Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:32 AM

    Arnel, that is sweet of you to help the family of mang Kulas. There are people who do not care but it is not always the government's fault but society itself. Others put more emphasis to materialism because their self esteem are low. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete